Ladies, we’d like to introduce you to Micro Blading the newest treatment option available at Brisbane Anti Wrinkle, with Fernanda Loureiro. It doesn’t matter if you like them arched, straight, bushy, feathered, or bold, your eyebrows are one of the most important features on your face. For years, we’ve been filling them in with the likes of brow gels, pencils and even permanent tattooing. But now the game has changed with semi-permanent cosmetic tattooing, which delivers natural results without the lifetime commitment.
The amazing thing about micro blading it that it mimics the natural eyebrow hairs, meaning you have a more natural flawless result than traditional tattooing. Fernanda says, “it’s the perfect treatment for women who are looking to fully restore structure, definition, cover gaps, and fill-in over plucked brows.” It is even great for those wanting to introduce a slight arch that is natural and undetectable to the untrained eye.
Fernanda Loureiro is a semi-permanent eyebrows specialist. She has been working with cosmetic tattoo eyebrows for the last three years in Brazil and Australia.
She loves all things about beauty and art, and her focus is featuring the natural beauty of her clients. Fernanda is keen on keeping an eye on the details and has the artist talent to recognize the best shape and colour for each different face and uses this to make amazing transformations.
Microblading usually takes two appointments to complete. In the first appointment, the client is profiled and the eyebrows are drawn on with a waterproof pencil, so the artist and client can agree on the look. The artist then microblades the eyebrows and the client is ready to go back into the world. There is some mild scabbing and aftercare required, but your microblading should be completely healed in 30 days.
The second appointment is a touch up around 4 to 8 weeks after the first session. This allows enough time for the ink in the epidermis to naturally slough off, and the colour to settle into your skin. In the touch up appointment, the artist can see how your skin has received the ink and make any necessary corrections.
Fernanda will soon also be offering lips and eyeliner semi-permanent cosmetic tattooing.
Check out some of Fernanda’s amazing before and after’s on her social media below:
Yes, this procedure is performed following strict hygiene and sterilisation procedures as stated under the guidelines of The Public Health Act.
As with any procedure there can always be unknown outcomes, please discuss any concerns with your cosmetic tattooist prior to your treatment.
A highly effective topical anaesthetic is applied usually making it quite painless, uncomfortable for some but no problem for most. The procedure generally takes less than one hour and the years of looking great far outweigh any momentary discomfort.
No, Colour Implant is quite superficial. Although some may experience slight swelling or bruising for a short period of time, it is generally not noticeable to family or friends.
We take all proper precautions for a safe session by using sterilized equipment, new needles and in a sanitized environment. Should clients follow our pre and post care instructions, there should be minimal risks or complications . Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to:
– Topical makeup products
– Gold, silver and nickel
– Hair dyes
Patch tests should be performed 5-7 days prior.
Depending on the procedure times will vary. Eyebrows will take a little over an hour, generally taking longer to design the brow than it does to implant the colour. Full Lip can take anywhere between one to two hours. Eyeliner generally takes less than an hour.
Your skilled cosmetic tattooist will provide you with after care instructions and you should carefully follow these to ensure that you achieve the maximum benefit from your semi-permanent makeup application.
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual’s colour retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh,
a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
How trends change. Frame your face. The 80’s style of thick and thick eyebrows is back. Microblading is the fastest growing forehead treatment in the world. People (yes, women and men) who have never considered permanent make up are doing it. The option to change your look and style every 12-24 months, or the need for people like it is not a fear of a commitment like one of a traditional tattoo.
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
– Using Accutane
– Have heart conditions or using heart medications
– Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
– Have skin disease or irritations
– Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
– Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
– Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
– Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
– Pregnant or nursing clients who want to microblade can be done at your own discretion. We suggest discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
* We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who we deem not suitable for this procedure or for any other reason. Our brow technicians make the decision to microblade an individual based on their own discretion. *
As with all cosmetic procedures, individuals should not make their choices lightly. We always recommend clients do their research, understand the procedure and compare different artists’ work and portfolio when making their decisions. Our brow technicians will do their utmost to shape and style the eyebrows to the clients satisfaction prior to the procedure. Every effort will be made to achieve an even appearance, but please realize our faces are never perfectly symmetrical. Uneven appearance can be fixed during the touch up session. Pigment discoloration and color correction can also be fixed during the the touch up session. Microbladed brows will eventually fade away if no additional touch ups are done.
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
– Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
– Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
– No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
– Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
– Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
– Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
– Do not over apply healing balm.
– Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
– Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
– Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
– Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days.
– No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
– Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to reserve your appointments, this deposit counts
towards your service.
Consultation $50 Not mandatory, if you have any further questions than the ones that are answered here you can book a consultation.
Your Initial Microblading appointment and Follow-up Appointment at 4 weeks is $690
($100 paid to book appointments, $295 due at consultation and $295 due at the Initial Microblading appointment) or if you’re not doing the consultation $590 at the Initial Microblading appintment.
Annual Touchup $440 (12-15 months)
Past 15 months pricing goes back to the Initial price of $690